Registered Nurse- Hematology Oncology
Pulse Staffing has exciting opportunities for Oncology Registered Nurses to join our team and working at a growing hospital in the Medical Center Houston. 13 week assignment, Mon- Fri 8:30a-5p
- Administers chemotherapy and provides education, monitors and intervenes for treatment side effects to patient and their support system.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and the interdisciplinary team to develop individualized goals which promote optimal functional independence and prevent complications and side effects from cancer treatments.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate, and actively participates team conference
- Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate achievement of overall goals
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
Qualifications for Oncology Registered Nurses:
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (preferred), Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing
Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
2 + years of recent Oncology experience
- MUST have chemo certification
The ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
Demonstrate good time and resource management skills
Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
Operate unit specific equipment
Knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, ACLS and interdisciplinary collaboration