Houston, TX 77030
Pulse Staffing has a new position available with a top hospital in the Medical Center for a referral transcriptionist.
Job duties include:
Responsibility A: Collects patient referral information and enters it accurately.
• Checks for existing medical record. If no medical record exists, employee will register the patient and create a medical record.
• Reviews faxed referral order and types all order information in to the appropriate order fields in the EMR.
• Reviews the newly created order for accuracy- Assures that all demographic information (physician, patient name/alias and payer information) is complete and accurate.
• Scans the faxed order and places scanned image in the media tab in the EMR.
Responsibility B: Seeks clarification of unclear or omitted data from referral order.
• Employee will send referral to referring provider when any pertinent information is omitted from referral form, seeking clarification.
• Communicates to appropriate Manager any difficulty with garnering referral information.
Responsibility C: Ensures the delivery of excellent customer service and exemplary employee relations.
• Demonstrates excellent phone skills by seeking and accepting feedback for telephone etiquette self-improvement in a positive manner.
Monday -Friday 8a-5p. $16/hr
Requirements: high school diploma or GED, 1-2 years of recent data entry experience in a healthcare setting.