Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse
Pulse Staffing is searching for Progressive Care Unit, PCU, Telemetry, Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses for a new unit at a busy hospital. This is a 4-6 week contract. Days or nights
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures, per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on all telemetry patients.
- Monitors special drugs (i.e., Dopamine, Lidocaine, Dobutrex, and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol. Assesses patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, as needed (i.e., thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices). Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere. Draws blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area. Responsible for ensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patient armbands and administering medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders via Order Management in computer
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
- Responsible for maintaining patient safety goals
- Must have 2+ years of TELE, ICU, or PCU experience
- Must have ACLS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing is required.