Private Duty Registered Nurses
Houston, TX US
Private Duty Nursing
Uptown Homecare is searching for Registered Nurses to care for private duty adult patients. We are searching for an RN who can work full time 2-3 shifts a week with rotating weekends.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide specialized nursing care in a private residence.
2. Observe and provide ongoing assessment of client and family circumstances.
4. Initiation of preventive, rehabilitative and therapeutic measures.
5. Teach safety precautions; medication actions and interactions; appropriate health care measures.
6. Administration of medications, treatments and other modalities as ordered by the attending physician.
Private Duty Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Must have 1 – 2 years of recent fulltime experience working as a RN.
- Prefer the nurse to have experience in the home setting, but if the nurse has a strong clinical background, will be considered.
- Must have a current Texas RN license and be in good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS or American Red Cross BLS
- Negative TB/PPD in the past 12 months
- Reliable transportation
- Current TX Driver’s License with clear driving record
- Experience caring for adult and/or geriatric patients
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds for transfers and be able to perform bending, squatting, twisting, kneeling and reaching while caring for patients.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be available to work 2 – 3 shifts per week with rotating weekends!
- Demonstrate the ability to make appropriate nursing judgments with critical thinking skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and presents in a friendly, caring manner.
- Exhibit professional behavior.
- Home Health
- Privat Duty
- ICU / ER hospital exp
- Critical Care
Standard shift 8- and 12-hours
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Must be willing to work 2-3 shifts a week with rotating weekends