Pediatric Clinic Registered Nurse
Pulse Staffing is searching for a Pediatric Registered Nurse to work in a busy GI Clinic in The Woodlands. This is a 13 week contract-8a-5p Mon-Fri
GI Clinic Duties include:
- GI Nurse clinic support for check in of patients for GI clinic, patient education on a range of GI procedures, care, disorders and discharge instructions. Coordination of patient care activities and workflow.
- Assesses the patient's physical and mental status prior to examinations, procedures, and related care.
- Assist the physician with GI procedures per established protocols.
- Handling of anatomic specimens per policy.
- Post Procedural care of patients to include monitoring of hemodynamic parameters, documentation in electronic health record, and review of discharge instructions with patient care giver.
- Telephonic nurse support for patient calls and secure messaging.
- Generate monthly gastroenterology reports of procedural volumes and outcomes as required.
- Participate in gastroenterology clinic, procedures (pre, intra and post), follow-up with patients to ensure compliance with recommended medical regimen, tracking treatment outcomes, and detecting procedural complications
- Must have 2+ years of clinic experience
- preferred GI experience
- Must have current BLS
- RN Must be able to assist with Wednesday evening clinic coverage
- Clinical or Inpatient experience required