Houston, TX 77030
Pulse Staffing has a 3 month contract assignment for an experienced PBX Operator available with a top hospital in the Medical Center.
Position is responsible for: ensuring adequate communication between parties and hospital personnel, for operating telephone switchboard and dispatching calls. This job involves routing calls, carrying out administrative duties, and transferring information.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 3p-11p.
PBX Operator Skills and Qualifications
PBX operators have great listening and speaking skills, are incredibly organized, and are comfortable working independently. Employers typically require a high school diploma and some previous customer service experience, as well as the following abilities:
- Communication skills – PBX operators communicate with people within and outside of the company, and they need great communication skills to so
- Customer service – this job involves speaking with external companies, customers, or agencies, so strong customer service skills are a must to handle these interactions in a professional and polite manner
- Organization skills – PBX operators deal with multiple calls, often in large organizations, as well as with relaying important messages, so organization is key to ensure that all tasks are completed on time
- Typing skills – PBX operators should have basic computer skills and the ability to use word-processing software to type correspondence, respond to emails, and perform administrative tasks
- Patience – conflict resolution is often part of working as a PBX operator, especially if someone calls with a complaint and is angry. PBX operators must remain calm and try to diffuse the situation while assisting the caller at the same time
*Must have high school diploma or GED. 2+ years of recent experience as a PBX or switchboard operator.