Medical Billing Specialist
Pulse Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Medical Billing Specialist for a temp-to-hire position with a large physician group in the Memorial City area of Houston. This position offers an excellent benefit package once you are hired permanently.
This person will be a goal-oriented, revenue-driven, highly accurate and motivated Medical Biller.
Position is responsible for:
Ensuring all claims are submitted in a timely manner with a goal of zero errors.
Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
Accurately Post all insurance payments by line item.
Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
Make necessary arrangements for medical records requests, completion of additional information requests, etc. as requested by insurance companies.
The hours are: Monday - Friday 8:30a-5p.
This position is located in either: Memorial City or Katy, whichever is most convenient for the employee.
4+ years of recent medical billing and revenue cycle experience working with commercial, private, and government insurances.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office including Excel
- The ability to adapt to change, including the regulatory requirements, advances in technology and software
- Experience following up on billing concerns from patients, family and staff
- Experience perform billing and collection Functions
- Experience performing private or self-pay collection procedures
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
- Experience with ECW required
High School diploma required. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Completion of a Medical Billing course