Licensed Clinical Social Worker - LCSW - Licensed Clinical Therapist
San Antonio, TX 78229
We are looking for professionals like you to join our team that meet the requirements below and can work the hours below. If this is not for you but you know someone send them this info we appreciate it.
- 6 Week contract
The Clinical Therapist will provide quality psychotherapeutic services to all patient and their families; to serve as a member of interdisciplinary team supporting the organization's treatment program and philosophy and assure the deliverance of quality treatment to patients and their families. It is the responsibility of the Clinical Therapist to provide initial and ongoing assessment of each client to determine the most effective and useful counseling in treatment of their emotional and/or substance abuse problems.
- Perform comprehensive psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, domestic violence and medical needs. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
- Provides daily therapy sessions in a group. Document in client records according to established protocol, including submitting reports as needed.
- Completes Master Treatment plans as required.
- Maintain client records, including all mandated agency forms in accordance agency policy, state confidentiality and HIPPA laws. Keep all records and information confidential. Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged administrative and client information in a professional manner.
- Develops and implements therapeutic treatment plans in concert with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Demonstrates sound application of Cognitive Behavioral Theory and methodology.
- Develops and coordinates an individualized discharge plan for the patient by utilizing treatment team and written chart information to determine the patient's aftercare needs.
- Attends regular treatment team meetings to provide perspectives to total case management of the patient by discussing progress notes charts and communicating any state or local agency legal requirements with the interdisciplinary team.
- Plans and prepares required activities for patients with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs related duties, as requested.
- Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of psychiatric and addictive disease diagnoses and treatment; flexibility; teaching or training skills helpful; understanding of, or ability to understand, DSMIV methodology.
- Must have basic PC skills that include a combination of working in a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional language abilities desirable. Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively interact with persons of widely diverse roles, backgrounds, cultures, and socio-economic classes, those in crises or resistant or negative toward organization
- Ability to apply time management practices to prioritize, schedule and complete work effectively to comply with mandated policies and deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or parts of tasks simultaneously to ensure timely completion of work activities.
- Must be able to work productively with other department heads and personnel.
- Ability to work with professionals from many outside partners and organizations.
- Usually works forty (40) hours per week, including weekends.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict, negotiating “win-win” solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Exceptional follow through on tasks and assignments
Education and/or Licensure – Master’s degree in social work or equivalent in a recognized mental health field. Texas Licensed LCSW, LPC, LMFT, required.
Experience – Experience in inpatient setting preferred, skills in case management, time management, and crisis intervention common to acute psychotic as well as to non-violent crises intervention practice. Knowledge of acute psychological disorders; advanced principals of abnormal psychology as specifically applied to adults; familiarity with follow-up resource service available; skills in conducting family group therapy.
Additional Requirements – Must obtain and maintain approved CPR certification and Management of Assaultive Behavior training including restraint and seclusion policies prior to assuming patient care responsibility.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
Perform the following with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, and be able to perceive the attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature, and/or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word during activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and loudly.
- Hearing to perceive the nature of sound with no less than 40 db loss @ Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction; ability to perceive detailed information orally and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers. Individual must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and to be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Work requires a minimum standard of visual acuity with or without correction that will enable people in the role to complete administrative and clerical tasks, as well as inspect and analyze.
- Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such as noise, conversation, and foot traffic; ability to handle interruptions often and be able to move from one task to another
- While worker may possibly be subjected to temperature changes, the worker is generally not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions as the work is predominantly inside.