LVN for a Houston Private School
Houston, TX US
We are currently looking for an experienced LVN who is passionate about nursing and helping children at a private school. The School Nurse position is a temporary contract located near the Memorial area. The hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm.
- Current Texas LVN license
- Current BLS
- Basic technological proficiency, such as the ability to use Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- LVN with Community Health Nursing experience and School Nursing a plus
- Tend to the physical and emotional needs of students
- Administer prescribed medications to students
- Emergency first aide
- Evaluate for concussions
- Conduct screenings and write referrals for health services
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses and disabilities
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Keep track of students vaccination records
- Update students medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
Electronic charting is done using STARS, experience not required, training will be provided.
The ideal School Nurse is not only well-versed in many areas of health, but also knows how to work independently or with others. They must have the ability to communicate effectively and assess situations quickly so they can best serve their students' needs.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $28.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday