Hematology Oncology Registered Nurse
Pulse Staffing is searching for a Hematology Oncology Registered Nurse for a busy children's hospital in Dallas, TX. This is a 13 week contract Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p.
RN job duties:
- Independently performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care. Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of developmentally appropriate care.
- Responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating and coordinating patient care. Uses clinical judgment based on nursing skills acquired through formal and informal experiential knowledge and evidence based guidelines to globally assess the patient's situation and through critical thinking and clinical decision making, develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient, with the aim of promoting comfort.
- Maintains a body of knowledge and tools that allow the nurse to manage whatever environmental and system resources exist for the patient/family, within or across healthcare and non-healthcare systems.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Hematology Oncology Requirements:
- RN must have TX RN licensure or compact
- Must have PALS certification
- Chemo certification required
- Must have 1-2 years of Hematology/Oncology experience
- Must be able to critical think and will be working a lot doing phone triage with the Hematology population.