Echo Sonographer II/III
Pulse Staffing is searching for a Pediatric Echo Sonographer for a busy hospital in the medical center. In this position, you will perform high quality and complex fetal echocardiographic exams; and to perform complex transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiographic exams on patients that range in age from neonates to adults.
- Performs echocardiographic exams
- Performs all essential responsibilities of Echo tech I and Echo sonographer II
- Assists with technical echocardiographic training
- Accepts responsibility for daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment
- Participates in management and administrative duties
- Seeks opportunities for professional development
- Other essential job duties
Echo Sonographer qualifications:
- Must have 3 years of experiencing in scanning Congestive Heart Disease
- Required- Technical diploma from school of ultrasound (e.g. Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or Bachelor s degree in biological science
- Required- RDCS (Cert-Reg Diag. Cardiac Sono) from American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or RCS (Cert-Registered Cardiac SONO) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or RCCS (Cert-Reg Congenital Cardi Sono)
- Sonographer II Experience Requires- 1 year experience as an echo sonographer in a pediatric environment
- Sonographer III Experience Requires- 5 years experience as an echo sonographer with two (2) years in a pediatric environment.
- Knowledge of echocardiographic procedures and exams.
- Ability to operate expertly the ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software, TEE operations, and a desktop computer.
- blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter, and desktop computer.
Ability to learn ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software and operate at a basic level the following
Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fri
$46 per hour
location: medical center
duration: 13 weeks