Clinic Registered Nurse
Pulse Staffing is searching for a Clinic RN to work at a busy outpatient clinic located in the Medical Center. This is a Mon-Fri 8a-5p position. This is a temporary assignment.
- Effectively implement Standard Universal Precautions.
- Triage patients and communicate urgent patient needs to provider.
- Anticipate the needs of the patient and provider during the exam.
- Draw blood; perform EKG s, laboratory and x-rays; assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures.
- Ensure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
- Obtain body fluid specimens as appropriate for services rendered.
- Arrange for patient testing, referrals, and/or hospital admission as appropriate.
- Administer medications and start intravenous lines as directed.
- Delegate tasks to other caregivers as license permits.
- Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary
- Inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return providers phone messages.
- Insure the patient and family understands follow-up and referral information.
- Document all procedures and interactions in patient s medical record according to established protocols.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to standard practices.
- RN must have 2 + years of clinic experience
- Urology experience is a plus
- Must have current BLS
- Must have current TB skin test or chest xray
- Must meet Pulse's hiring criteria.