Certified Pharmacy Technician
Houston, TX US
Pulse Staffing has exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Certified Pharmacy Technician. This is a great opportunity to work with physicians who are continuously recognized for their expertise and excellence. Our client has also been recognized for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
Pharmacy Technician’s, are you looking for a staffing organization that can get you the assignments that you truly want? This is your chance to take advantage of an exciting career opportunity at Pulse Staffing! Established since 1988, we are the premium provider of the highest quality health care professionals to many of the Houston's top-rated hospitals and healthcare networks. By providing simple solutions to complex demands, we’ve developed lasting relationships, delivered consistent service, and gained the trust of some of the most prestigious medical facilities in Texas.
Due to our unparalleled success, we are seeking energetic, compassionate, and experienced Pharmacist’s to join our team and take advantage of local and travel assignments in the Houston, TX area. We pride ourselves in building long-lasting relationships with our nurses that create a one-of-a-kind staffing experience. We continue to uphold our great reputation with exceptional customer service that produces unique and endless opportunities for our staff.
At Pulse Staffing, we look for Pharmacy Technicians who care for patients like family, not because it’s their job, but because it’s their calling. We offer per diem shifts, local contracts, travel contracts, and direct hire opportunities for positions in various clinical settings. Think you have what it takes? Contact us today!
“What’s in it for you with us?”
Completion bonus available for travel nurses
A convenient work shift – for 13 weeks or PRN
Virtual Hiring Process with Online Paperwork
We work with your schedule for interviewing time & location
The flexibility to speak with one of our Staffing Coordinators after-hours
Certified Pharmacy Technician – Pharmacy
We are looking for Certified Pharmacy Technicians who combine a true passion for providing the best care, with a demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with the policies and procedures. In addition, you should be team-oriented and compassionate professional committed to always providing exceptional service. It is also important that you are highly organized and that you demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work well with a diverse population.
To assist the pharmacist in the preparation, perform activities related to the repackaging and compounding, filling, and
delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of
patients served (0-adult). Controlled Substances: Assists in the procurement, record keeping, storage, and distribution of all
- Assists the pharmacist in ensuring the appropriateness of all medication doses by correctly entering patient’s diagnosis,
weight, allergies, and body surface area in the computer.
- Follows aseptic technique and infection control in the preparation of sterile products. Completes annual recertification
and scores at least 90% on the aseptic technique/infection control skills and written exam as documented by a qualified
observer. Insists other technicians and pharmacists practice aseptic technique and infection control.
- Ensures the medications prepared are correct as verified by the pharmacist and as documented by a lack of dispensing
- Demonstrates competence at batch/medication/prescription order entry.
- Works with Pharmacy Support Services personnel to maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies. Follows
procedures established for stock replacement. Follows nonformulary procedures.
- Obtains pharmacist initial/final checks and assigns dilution and expiration dating labels to medications according to
o Epic, Outlook
o Specialty experience preferred
o Excellent customer service and communication skills
o Call center environment
o Adjudication management
o pharmacy benefit management through prescription coverage verification, tasks related to the management of third-party billing for patients
o Prior authorizations resolution
o Call Center Technician position within fast paced Specialty Pharmacy setting
o Performs patient outreach with scheduling medication refills, resolve pharmacy insurance challenges
- Knowledge of current hospital and departmental standards for the handling of pharmaceuticals.
- Incumbent have math skills, reading skills and good communication skills.
- Incumbent must be able to operate equipment
used in the preparation of sterile products.
- TSBP certification
- RPHT-TX - Reg Pharmacy Technician - TX State Board of Pharmacy
- 2 Years of Experience
- Valid Texas License
-Current TB / PPD
-13 Week Contract
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Experience in retail/community or integrated clinic pharmacy preferred.
- Must be IV certified and in good standing with TSBP
- Rotating 10 hour shifts and alternating weekends (about once a month). Must be available to work all shifts approximately 35/40 hours a week. Hours of operation 7am-7pm Mon- Fri, 7am-5pm Sat and 11-4pm Sun
- Position starts on 5/08/2023
- 10 hour shifts rotating hours.
- 40 hours a week
Join us at the heart of healthcare and enjoy a rewarding career!