CCU Registered Nurse
Pulse Staffing is searching for a Critical Care Unit (CCU) Registered Nurse for a 13 week travel assignment in the Bay Area Houston Region. This is a 13 week 7p-7a contract.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG s.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrhythmic and other special drugs.
- Assists with insertion of invasive lines.
- Monitors invasive pressures.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients on an ongoing manner, per P&P.
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
- May accompany patients in transport during inter-facility transfers.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed.
CCU RN qualifications:
- Current Texas or compact state licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- 2 years of recent CCU or Cardiovascular experience is required
- BLS and ACLS required