Sales Associate Gift Shop
Pulse Staffing is searching for a sales associate for the gift shop at a busy hospital. This is a temp to perm assignment in the medical center.
- Sell merchandise; operate cash registers; receive cash; make change; quote prices; cash checks as authorized; process and handle credit card sales; record all sales in cash register, receive payment for sales and issue correct change.
- Display merchandise and assist customers in locating and purchasing various retail items, including suggesting selection to customer by emphasizing quality, style or utility of articles.
- Requisition merchandise; open shipping cases and display and arrange merchandise; clean shelves, displays and merchandise; maintain retail items in attractive and orderly ways.
- Assist in coding and price marking of merchandise for sale on floor.
- Participate in physical inventories; prepare and maintain inventory records; assist in receiving stock.
- Inform supervisor of equipment breakdown or adjustments required.
- Clean shelves, fixtures, and furnishings.
- May open and close cash register daily.
- Performs other related and incidental duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Retail experience
- Point of sale experience
- Ability to maintain positive customer relations
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Previous retail experience preferred. Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
Pay-$10.50 per hour