Houston, TX 77030 | Contract
Pulse Staffing currently has a one year referral assignment with a top rated hospital in the Medical Center.
Responsibility A: Collects patient referral information and enters it accurately.
• Checks for existing medical record using approved patient look-up method. If no medical record exists, employee will
register the patient and create a medical record.
• Reviews faxed referral order and types all order information in to the appropriate order fields in the EMR.
• Reviews the newly created order for accuracy- Assures that all demographic information (physician, patient name/alias
and payer information) is complete and accurate, including spelling, as measured by supervisory observation and quality
• Scans the faxed order and places scanned image in the media tab in the EMR.
Responsibility B: Seeks clarification of unclear or omitted data from referral order.
• Employee will send referral to referring provider when any pertinent information is omitted from referral form, seeking
• Communicates to appropriate Manager any difficulty with garnering referral information in a timely manner, as needed.
Responsibility C: Ensures the delivery of excellent customer service and exemplary employee relations.
• Demonstrates excellent phone skills by seeking and accepting feedback for telephone etiquette self-improvement in a
Responsibility D: Participates in achieving hospital/department goals.
• Maintains knowledge of hospital/department information, as evidenced by a combination of participation in unit meetings
or review of meeting minutes.
• Demonstrates an understanding of on-going hospital/department goals, structures and priorities as evidenced by
supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback.
• Participates in performance improvement initiatives as evidenced by supervisory observation
High School Diploma or GED, and 2 years of data entry or clerical experience in a medical or hospital setting, ability to work in a face paced environment, excellent customer service and communication skills,
This is a one year contract assignment with a top rated hospital in the Medical Center.