Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse
Pulse Staffing is searching for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses for a 13 week assignment in the Katy area. This is a 7p-7a contract! Local or traveler
- Must have the ability to care for all pediatric patients
- Deliver safe, age appropriate care under critical situations with children who have cardiac, respiratory; gastrointestinal; genitourinary; orthopedic; and neurological dysfunction.
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Assess patients in order to plan, intervene, and evaluate care.
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of equipment; and perform multiple technical procedures.
- Proactively advocate for patients and consistently educate the family from time of admission until time of dismissal.
- Utilize ability to demonstrate and apply the technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively and safely care for patients/family and to be an effective member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Minimum of two (2) years current PICU experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current TX Licensure as an RN
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association, required.
- PALS required
- Epic is a plus
- Travel or local RN-please inquire rates
- rate: travel or local RN-inquire rates, $54-$60 per hour
- length: 13 weeks
- Location: Katy, TX