Office Assistant - Humble
Humble, TX 77338
Pulse Staffing has a contract assignment available for an experienced office assistant with tax knowledge to oversee daily tax-site operations and implement free tax preparation for low-income and underserved populations.
Seeking a Site Coordinator for our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site, in partnership with MHHS, opening in November 2019! The Site Coordinator will oversee daily tax-site operations and collaborate with StreetCred staff to implement free tax preparation.
- November – December 2018: average approximately 5 hours/wk for training, certification, and planning
- January - April. 2019: anywhere from 15-35 hours/wk, depending on the tax site’s open hours during tax season.
- Attend tax trainings and Site Coordinator trainings and obtain IRS-required certifications
- Manage tax site operations:
- Volunteers: Managing, scheduling, and supervising volunteer tax preparers; training volunteers in site-specific procedures; providing ongoing training and tax updates to volunteers throughout the tax season
- Clients: Assisting with client outreach, communicating with and scheduling clients, coordinating and overseeing the client intake process, managing client files
- Taxes: Overseeing all volunteer tax preparation and electronically filing all tax returns, to ensure return accuracy and that proper efiling procedures are followed; troubleshooting technical issues and resolving rejected efiles
- Regularly update and coordinate with StreetCred’s Central Staff
- Communicate with StreetCred’s other Site Coordinators to assist each other with problem solving, question answering, and software troubleshooting throughout the tax season
This is a PART TIME position, ranging from 15-35 hours per week. Position will start in November and last through April 2019. Hours for the position: 11a-7p.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with technology – comfortable learning new software quickly and thoroughly
- Passion for working with low-income, vulnerable, and underserved populations
- Spanish speaker
- Pre-existing tax knowledge
- Prior VITA experience