Mammography Technician - SW Houston
Houston, TX 77074 | Contract
Pulse Staffing as a contract assignment available in Southwest Houston for an experienced mammographer.
Position is responsible for: performing mammography radiographic procedures that are used by physicians to detect abnormalities, make diagnoses and treat patients. Screening Mammograms, Diagnostic Mammograms, Bone Density Exams, 3D tomography.
Job duties include:
• Performs mammography radiographic exams on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images.
• Enters and monitors patient data.
• Performs quality assurance on mammography equipment. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
• Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management.
• Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
Schedule is Monday - Friday 8a-4:30p
Education: • Graduate of an approved school of radiologic technology, required. • Graduate of an approved program of mammography technology, required.
License/Certification: • current American Heart Association Basic Life Support. • Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required. • Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R), required. • Registered Mammography Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-M), required. 2 years of recent experience as a mammographer.