HR Employee Records Specialist
Houston, TX 77030 | Contract
Pulse Staffing has an opportunity available for an experienced HR records specialist with a busy hospital in the Medical Center.
To maintain accurate and complete human resources records for all employees. Responsible for supporting the
development, maintenance and enhancement of a variety of systems used by Human Resources. Designs and prepares
reports/summaries to foster sound decision making. Analyzes and resolves system issues and develops solutions to meet needs
of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Audit, enters and maintains all new hires daily.
• Proofreads all documents while verifying information and reconciling errors.
• Pulls and files all name changes and terminated I-9s weekly.
• Enters data into system accurately, so that there is a high level of confidence in it and a pattern of errors does not occur
while keeping up with routine data entry demands.
• Ensures license, registration and certification panel is up to date and matches job description minimum requirements.
• Ensures employees’ licenses are renewed and that employees are not working according to policy if their licenses are
• Approves or takes steps to resolve issues with changes in license, registration and certification requirements and employee
• Coaches leaders on appropriate strategies to improve compliance.
• Updates license, certification and registration panel to include newly requested license boards and research to ensure
information is accurate.
• Maintains the license requirement panels in the HRIS system. Adds and updates licenses, certifications or registrations
required for jobs from Compensation within one week of addition or change.
• Keeps up to date with license regulations. Maintains open communication with employees and leaders.
• Knowledge of computers, word processing, spreadsheets, and basic math skills.
• Ability to accurately and quickly enter data into a complex PeopleSoft database system
• Communicate clearly and professionally
• Maintain confidential information
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, ensuring that critical tasks are competed on time, and to work well with basic
spreadsheet and word processing programs.
• Ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Education: High school diploma from an accredited high school or GED.
Experience: must have 2 years of RECENT human resources experience.