Dialysis Licensed Vocational Nurse
Stafford, TX | Full-Time
Dialysis Licensed Vocational Nurse-LVN
*** Immediate need for a Dialysis LVN for a full time position with great benefits! This is a Mon-Fri opportunity!
We are seeking an LVN Hemodialysis Nurse that is able to handle multiple roles in a dynamic office environment. This position will include, but not limited to, the following job duties and responsibilities.
- Participates in team review and recommends changes in treatment (based on the patient s current needs
- Participate in CQI activities
- Provides patient care and other duties (within the scope of practice), facilitate communication between the patient; his / her family, and other team members (to ensure that the needed care is delivered).
- Prepares equipment and supplies for patients use (and cleans-up following each patient treatment).
- Performs, initiates, monitors, and terminates dialysis (as needed).
- Receive reports from other health care members on the physical and emotional status of each patient.
- Ensure that the physician's orders are executed as written.
- Communicate accurate and pertinent patient, staff, and operational information to the charge nurse (in a timely manner).
- Assist the Director of Nursing or charge nurse in implementing and ensuring adherence to the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Maintain (as assigned) all required records and reports.
- Patient education (at the time treatment is being performed).
- Is available for on-call for patients
- Demonstrates ability to calculate simple mathematical equations.
- Must be able to work various shifts and schedules.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (as required).
- Ensure that dialysis prescriptions are executed as ordered within the scope of certifications.
- Pull patient medication list for the the pharmacy.
- Maintain CQI daily activity reports (patient admissions, census, hospitalizations, AMA, APO s, patient activity log, unsigned physician orders, nurse changes in TIME, and all other duties as assigned by the supervision nurse).
- Patient admission processing including imaging, and mail outs that cannot be signed in the EMR electronically.
- Contact facility nurses regarding MOL, VPL, mistakes and omission of diabetic foot check documentation, facility supervising nurse to be notified.
- Computer oversight: Implementations, troubleshooting, on site visits, and updates with facility physicians, nurses, and patients.
- Physician contact as instructed by the supervising nurse.
- Generates schedules for on call staffing.
- Primary record keeper for Harris County inmates.
- Update patient acuity level form and emergency preparedness packets.
- Prepare semi-annual patient and physician surveys for mail out.
- Place all patient laboratory requests in KORUS.
Requirements for Dialysis LVN:
- Candidate have current TX LVN licensure
- Candidate must possess current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (by the State of Texas), and has a working knowledge of ESRD Medicare regulations.
- Candidate must have at least two years experience in performing acute or chronic hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis procedures (within the last 12 months).
- Candidate must have exceptional telephone etiquette, oral, and written communication skills in the English language and posses the diplomacy necessary to interact with others.
- Candidate must be able to keep and maintain inter-office and organizational confidentiality.
- Candidate must type a minimum of 50-55 words per minute and be familiar with the most commonly used computer software.