Dialysis Field Nurse Supervisor
Houston, TX | Full-Time
Dialysis Field Nurse Supervisor- Full time position with benefits
Pulse Staffing is searching for a Dialysis Field Nurse Supervisor for a full time position. The Field supervisor is responsible for providing supervision and oversight for the facility s mission, procedures, and out-patient nursing personnel dialyzing in the patient s home. This is a Monday -Friday opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct nursing assessments.
- Participate in team reviews, and recommend changes in treatment (based on the patients current needs and Doctor s orders).
- Oversees dialysis nurses and patients in the execution of hemodialysis treatments.
- Participate in CQI activities.
- Provides nursing coverage in the field as needed.
- Perform, initiate, monitor, and terminate dialysis (as needed).
- Prepare all equipment and supplies, and clean up following each patient treatment.
- Receive reports from other health care members on the physical and emotional condition of each patient.
- Initiate home visits and communicate accurate and pertinent patient information to the Clinical Nurse Manager in the requisite time period.
- Communicate accurate and pertinent patient, staff, and operational information to the Clinical Nurse Manager in the requisite time period.
- Assist the Clinical Nurse Manager or charge nurse in implementing and ensuring adherence to the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Maintain, as assigned, all required records and reports.
- Acts as office presenter for all new field nurses.
- Oversees functions of field nurses (via communication with all disciplines).
- Prepare a written summary of findings and recommendations for presentation to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Must be able to calculate simple mathematical equations.
- Must be able to work various shifts and schedules.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Nurse Manager/Administrator/CEO.
- Perform post hospitalization assessments for patients who do not have a registered nurse assigned to his/her care.
RN Dialysis Field Supervisor qualifications:
- Candidate must have a minimum of three years experience in performing hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis procedures (within the last 12 months).
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to apply organizational skills.
- Candidate must possess current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (RN or BSN degrees preferred).
- Candidate must be a registered nurse (RN) with current valid licensure through the Texas State Board of Nursing.
- Candidate must be physically able to lift at least 30 lbs. from floor level (using the proper body mechanics), and able to carry two 30 lb. containers of concentrate solution. Additionally, he or she must be able to stand for periods of up to four hours (during the dialysis process).
- Candidate must possess a valid Texas Driver's License (with available and dependable transportation, and proof of current automobile liability insurance).