Certified Surgical Technologist
Pulse Staffing is searching for experienced Certified Surgical Technicians for a busy hospital located in downtown Houston. These are day shift contracts for 8 weeks. (shift will vary from 8-12 hours a day)
- Provides direct patient care to infant through geriatric patients.
- Addresses the physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
- Communicates with surgeon continuously as needed about the patient's condition.
- Assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the surgical operating team are met.
- Assist with the positioning and prepping of the patient.
- Current National Surgical Technologist certification required from an accredited educational program for surgical technologists AND holds and maintains certification as a surgical technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, or NCCT or another surgical technologist certification program approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- BLS required.
- One (1) year operating room experience preferred.
- Must be strong in General, Plastics, ENT, Eyes and Ortho.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
location: Medical center
rate: $26 per hour
shift- day shift 8-12 hour days
Immediate start- 8 weeks