Pulse Staffing has Birth Registrar position available with a hospital in the Medical Center area of Houston, TX.
This position is responsible for: obtain state required birth registration information for every live birth, along with a variety of routine Health Information Management Department technical processing functions to include front desk coverage, scanning, record keeping, release of information, and filing with emphasis upon coordination and preparation of birth certificates.
- Provides mothers with Mother s Worksheet for birth certificate completion
- Informs eligible parents of Texas laws and regulations regarding Acknowledgement of Paternity
- Ensures that Birth Certificates are filed with the State of Texas
- Ensures the completion of Acknowledgement of Paternity
- Maintain accurate record keeping ensuring compliance with State of Texas Laws and regulations
- Obtains completed ImmTrac (Texas Immunization) Registration Form and Social Security Form from parent
- Retrieves all medical records needed to complete ROI request
- Receptionist/Front desk coverage
- Any other job duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree, preferred
- 3 years records management or medical records experience and 1-year birth registry experience required
- AOP certification required within six months of employment
- RHIA or RHIT certification from the American Health Information Management Association preferred