Houston, TX | Contractor
Pharmacist – Hospital Pharmacist
*** Immediate need for a Pharmacist for a busy hospital in the medical center Houston! ***
We are seeking an experienced Pharmacist to join our team and take advantage of local temporary assignment in the medical center. Apply today!
Specific qualifications for this Pharmacist position:
- Ensures the appropriateness of all medication doses in reference to the patient’ s diagnosis, weight/body surface area, allergies, and drug interactions as evidenced by lack of medication incidents.
- Accurately enters medication orders in computer as evidenced by lack of medication incidents.
- Ensures the medications the patient receives are correct as documented by lack of dispensing errors file.
- Ensures medication orders are processed and doses are delivered within established guidelines as evidenced by peer review or by the lack of medication incident/customer compliant.
Follows aseptic technique and infection control in the preparation of sterile products. Insists technicians and other pharmacists practice aseptic technique and infection control. Completes annual re-certification and scores at least 90% on the aseptic technique/infection control skills and written exam as documented by a qualified observer.
- TX Pharmacy Licensure
- Must have 2 years of Pharmacy experience
- Must have IV sterile compound certification
Hours: 7am-5:30p Mon-Fri and some weekends